Reading Head Start is a parent-approved, award-winning program that teaches children between the ages of 1 and 9 how to read using a proven method that focuses on the foundations of the English language. This is a stark contrast from the current reading method that teaches children to memorize words and word shapes, resulting in confused children who cannot read at the level they should be reading at. In fact, studies show that 25 million children cannot read proficiently. It’s fair to say that the current method being used in schools is responsible. After all, memorizing word shapes is not reading and it’s also confusing for the child since with similar word shapes, such as “bit, lot, bat, rut, and let” all look the same but sound different. So, Reading Head Start teaches a new, proven method that is so effective it has reduced dyslexia and improved children’s reading skills up to five times their age.
- According to Stanford Medical, It’s really the ONLY reason this country's woman live 10 years longer and weigh on average 42 pounds lighter than us. 😱More Info
- 2 Minute Immune Boosting Hack Before Bed Accidentally Melts 84 lbs of Belly Fat More Info
- The guy lost 84 lbs Peter told me how he choked back tears of frustration when the doctor scolded him — AGAIN — about how much danger his weight was putting him in…More Info
- 1 What is Reading Head Start?
- 2 Who is the Creator of Reading Head Start?
- 3 Summary of the Reading Head Start Program
- 4 Our Verdict
What is Reading Head Start?
Reading is one of the leading challenges for children. Studies found that 25 million children cannot read proficiently, which is a huge concern considering reading is an essential part of living. Unfortunately, the current method used in schools does not teach reading but rather, it teaches children how to memorize words and word shapes. This quickly becomes confusing, as many word shapes look the same but sound different, such as bat and lot.
Do you Like Us?
Reading Head Start is an award-winning program that changes the way children learn how to read. It uses a proven method that focuses on teaching kids the individual letters of the alphabet and the way the sound changes of the letters when paired or subtracted with others. For example, how “bit” changes to “bite” by adding the ‘e’.
However, it’s much more than basic reading lessons. With Reading Head Start, you receive 200 reading lesson plans broken down into four different levels with 10 weekly lessons for each. With each week, you receive 5 reading activities to do with each focusing on a lesson that is appropriate for that skill level. All of the lessons are put together systematically so your child can learn how to read and can process through the lessons one-by-one to continue improving their reading skills. What they learn in Level 1 on Week 1 will help them understand Level 1 Week 2 and so on and so forth. Each lesson is also strategically picked and designed for the reading skill level and age of the child, using age-appropriate characters and storylines to keep the child engaged. I’ll elaborate on these in just a moment but for now, here’s a look at what you receive with the program:
- Lesson Plans
- 200 Reading Lessons
- Decodable Passages
- Picture Cards
- Letter Cards
- Letter Formations
- Sound Out Cards
- Irregular Word Cards
- Advanced Phonics Cards
The lessons are taught to children through fun activities, games, printables, short passages, worksheets, read-a-long videos and more to make sure the child (and parent or teacher teaching the child) retains the lessons while also having fun so they feel encouraged to keep learning.
Everything is available to you as soon as you purchase as well. The system is digital, so you can sign in and get started right away or download the lessons and content right onto your laptop, tablet, smartphone or desktop computer. This makes it easy to do learning-on-the-go wherever your days take you.
Now, the program is already award winning, scientifically verified and parent-approved. However, you also receive a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee so you can try it out for yourself, risk-free. This is ample time to see just why over 300,000 kids, teachers, and parents are using this program.
Who is the Creator of Reading Head Start?
The creator of Reading Head Start is an English teacher of 14 years, Sarah Shepard. She is also a wife and a mom of three, and it was when she became a mom that she saw just how the reading curriculum needed to be changed. Sarah used her education and experience to come up with the scientifically verified method of teaching reading that you get in this program.
Summary of the Reading Head Start Program
Reading Head Start is the ultimate program for learning how to teach children how to actually read and how to improve their skills 5 times more than other children their age. It’s a comprehensive system that breaks down 200 lessons plans, complete with step-by-step instructions, activities, games, videos, worksheets, read-a-long videos and more. There are four skill levels with 10 weeks of lessons in each, with 5 lessons for each week. It’s all put together systematically, ensuring your child has the skills needed to learn how to read and how to continue their learning moving forward. Each lesson also includes:
- Activity Type
- Activity Form
- Group Size
- Step-By-Step Instructions
This makes it easy for the teacher or parent to know the specifics of each lesson to ensure it aligns with the skill level of the child learning.
Everything is digital with the option for printouts of the lesson plans and worksheets, making it easy to complete the lessons whenever and wherever the child is.
To give you an idea of what you can expect from the different levels and components, here’s a look at some examples:
- Level 1 Examples
- Counting Words in a Sentence (Grade K – 1)
- Blending Syllables Name Game (Grade K)
- Segmenting Syllables Name Game (Grade K – 1)
- Identifying and Generating Rhyming Words, Body Part Game (Grade K)
- Introduce First, Middle and Last (Grade K – 1)
- Introduce Sound Segmenting Accuracy (Grade K)
- Level 2 Examples
- Introduce Letters (Grade K)
- Phoneme Substitution with Letters: Sat, Mat, Rat, Bat, Bad, Bag, Big, Beg, etc. (Grade K)
- Level 3 Examples
- Sounding Out Accuracy (Grade K, 1, 2)
- Word-Form Recognition Accuracy (Grade K)
- Irregular Word Fluency (Grade K, 1, 2, 3)
- Level 4 Examples
- Introduce Au, Aw, Al, Igh, etc. (Grade K, 1, 2)
- Letter Combination Fluency: Th… Igh (Grade K, 1, 2)
- VCe Rule Fluency (Grade K, 1, 2)
- Irregular Word Fluency: Your… Where (Grade K, 1, 2, 3)
- Introduce Multiple Irregular Words: Show, Small, Large, Even, Here, Why (Grade K, 1, 2, 3)
- Downloadable Picture Cards
- Downloadable Letter Cards
- Letter Formation: Teacher’s Guide
- Downloadable Sound Out Cards
- Irregular Word Cards
- Advanced Phonics Cards
Read-A-Long Video Course
- The Cat on the Mat + Worksheet
- Dan and His Cap + Worksheet
- Dan and a Van + Worksheet
- Pet in a Jet + Worksheet
- 50 Downloadable Books
- Preschool and Up
Reading Head Start teaches parents, teachers, and children an award-winning method that effectively and easily teaches children how to read and how to improve their skills two to five times more. The results are even guaranteed with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free.